local McDonald's franchise owners support us and our mission
RMHC® has been McDonald's Charity of Choice for 35 years
- The partnership between McDonald's Corporation and Ronald McDonald House Charities and its programs dates back to the inception of the charitable organization.
- It started with an unlikely partnership between an NFL team, a children's hospital and McDonald's, who wanted to create a home-away-from-home for families with seriously ill children.
- For 35 years, McDonald's support of the non-profit 501(c) (3) organization has allowed RMHC to grow to support families in 52 countries and regions.
- McDonald's business and community relationships in countries around the world give growing RMHC Chapters access to the infrastructure necessary to be a successful not-for-profit organization.
- As McDonald's Charity of Choice, RMHC benefits from in-store canister fundraising, volunteering by McDonald's employees and raising awareness of the Charity's mission.
- Ronald McDonald, a trusted friend to children across the Globe, who represents happiness, fun and a positive outlook on life is the namesake of the Charity because within the walls of RMHC core programs is a safe haven filled with hope and love.
McDonald's support of RMHC takes on many forms
- Collectively McDonald's utilize their restaurants, advertising dollars, packaging and crew to create customer awareness and support of the charity.
- Restaurants participate in fundraisers.
- RMHC in-store canisters are the largest source of ongoing fundraising, with $18 million raised in 2008 alone (U.S. only)
- All USA Today proceeds from in-restaurant sales are donated to RMHC
- Local Chapters rely on Owner/Operators and staff to volunteer their time
- Staff and Owner/Operators volunteer to participate in local and global RMHC boards
McDonald's supports every level of the Charity
- McDonald's Corporation, McDonald's owner/operators, crew members and suppliers are involved in every level of the Charity. Across the Globe, corporate, regional and local members of the McDonald's system help the Chapters serve the families benefiting from RMHC programs.
- Members of the McDonald's family aid as volunteers on the Boards and committees of the local Chapters, working along side other members of their community.
McDonald's support means more money can be directed to delivering programs
- McDonald's Corporation supports, in large part, the general and administrative costs of Ronald McDonald House Charities global office, including free use of facilities, equipment and materials.
- That means more of the money donated can go directly to delivering programs on a local level.
- The global, as well as local Chapters, can access help and expert advice from McDonald's corporate, division and regional employees, in areas such as legal, tax, accounting, safety and security, human resources, communications, marketing, facility construction and maintenance.
RMHC is the community's charity, not a corporate foundation
- RMHC is a 501(c) (3) organization (or is registered as a not-for-profit organization)
- RMHC is a growing organization, with Chapters located in 52 countries and regions around the world.
- To deliver RMHC programs to over 10,000 families today, RMHC cannot rely on one organization alone.
- Because it takes billions of dollars annually to organize and extend the reach of RMHC Chapters and its programs, no company could solely fund this size of an organization.
- The support of the medical community, local organizations, volunteers and corporations is crucial to the ongoing success of RMHC.
- RMHC will grow by 37% by 2010. Growth of this size could only be accomplished with a powerful network of corporate donors and individuals.